WELCOME TO 2016 SOUTHWEST JUDO OPEN
Southwest Judo Academy invites you to its 6th Annual Southwest Judo Open Championship this coming August 20th in
Last year event had teams participating from all over California, Las Vegas, Texas, Colorado, Arizona, Mexico and Germany. This USA Judo sanctioned event is open to all registered members in good standing with any USA Judo organization; Athletes from foreign countries must present a letter from their country’s federation stating that they are a member in good standing and have the Federation’s permission to compete.
Come join us and enjoy Good Judo, and great friends
see you on August 20th, 2016.
SOUTHWEST JUDO ACADEMY (SWJA)
“Dojo of champions, taught and trained by champions…
dedicated to the advancement and growth of Olympic-style judo through the safe teaching, training and coaching of students of all ages and skills.”
Whether you are looking for a judo school to help your 5-year old learn disciple, coordination or confidence, engage in a physical activity that can help with strength, conditioning or weight, or are an elite competitor honing your tournament techniques and strategies, SWJA Black Belt Sensei’s (teachers) can instruct, strategize and coach you to achieve your goals.
SWJA is home to numerous US Junior and Senior National, US and International Junior Olympic, National Youth and Scholastic, and President Cup Champions, who are also recognition as top ranked players in the US. We also have many students who just think judo is fun.
• 501c3 “not-for-profit” judo school, located in Mesa, AZ
• Students are beginner children (5 years old) to elite competitors
• Large, raised mat area for safety and comfort; crash pads for special throwing practice
• Separated parent/spectator viewing area equipped with WiFi and television
• USA Judo club and black belt instructor/coach/referee members in good standing
• All instruction by certified black belts who have passed national background screening
• SafeSport Certified (youth guidelines for coaches)
• USADA Certified (United States Anti-Doping Agency)
• Heads Up Concussion Certified
• First Aid / CPR / AED Certified for adults and children